Things that have made me smile today:
- Dropping my son off at pre-school for his second day in the three-year-old class, knowing that he will have fun and that he is in such good hands with teachers that will love him and take good care of him.
- Driving alone in my car, listening to the radio a little too loudly.
- Getting my first Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season today from baristas that know my name, ask about my little boy, and know my order.
- Sitting on my back deck feeling the beautiful breeze as it floats the scent of the “Autumn Festival” Yankee Candle I have burning beside me into the air.
- Surrounding myself with silence, typing, tastes and scents that relax me.
- Taking the time to ignore the chores and choosing to listen to life’s little pleasures.
- Remembering that before there were days of mommyhood, there were days of me.
- Giving thanks for this life, this house, this moment, and all of the blessings that have gotten me to this day, this time, this now.