Just a disclaimer that this post is not spam, or intended to make you run away, or make you think I’m one of “those” people who enjoys forwards and subscribes to them lest I have bad luck for the next few years or something. But this is a forwarded type of blog post. If you want to stop reading now, that’s ok. But it’s really just a collection of things that will let you know a little more about me. For example, I love making lists. So a list of 11 things to get to know each other better? I can get on board with that.
My friend April from Red Dirt Mama sent this to me and to be honest, I was over the moon excited to be tagged. I thought, “Oh my goodness, someone likes me and my blog enough to include me!! Of course I’ll play!” I think April and I are both fairly new to the blogging world, so this is a neat idea that allows you to learn more about the people behind the blogs that fill your inbox, share yourself in more concise terms than blog posts, and get that super excited feeling when tagged because, “Oh my goodness someone likes me!” Wait, that last part is just me? Let’s move on.
So, if you would like to play, go for it! I can not wait to learn more about you! If you don’t want to no problem. Nothing bad will happen. Probably.
So here’s the game:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag 11 people and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I apparently have a thing for guys with red hair. I love, LOVE Conan O’Brien. I also wound up marrying a guy with red hair, and our little boy has red hair too. Who knew?
2. Before I started the stay-at-home-mom gig I’ve got going on now, I worked as a kindergarten teacher for two years and as a nanny for one. I also began babysitting when I was 12 and never stopped. Kids are kind of my thing.
3. I used to be a really talented performer. Singing, dancing, acting, the whole bit. I received full voice scholarships to college, danced in a Super Bowl Pre-Game Show and sang The National Anthem at an Atlanta Braves game. I used to have dreams of going to Broadway, but it turns out, life often has other plans.
4. Everybody has events in life that shape them. For me, it was the death of my father when I was 18 and the very awful birth experience I had when my son was born.
5.I really, really love alliteration. That’s why my blog is called Elated Exhaustion, and probably why this post is called Sunday Silliness. It’s just fun.
6. I also have a thing for repeat numbers. That’s why I got married on 07-07-07 and was thrilled when my son was born on 09-01-09. How cool are those dates??
7. I am kind of a neat freak. You know all the quotes about not being a good mom unless you have a dirty house or a good mom doesn’t have time for a clean house, or something to that effect? I disagree. I think I’m a pretty good mom. I also have a pretty clean house.
8. I am a night owl. According to my mom, I always have been. While that aspect of my personality has been great for summer time or my teenage/college years, it sure made growing up and getting to school on time hard. Also? My son is a night owl too. Which is pretty great now that he’s little and I’m home with him. It’s going to be pretty not great when he starts kindergarten.
9. I have never broken a bone. Thankfully. I have, however, endured multiple hospital stays due to severe asthma.
10. I do not know how to ride a bike, and neither do my sister or brother. My parents just never taught us. My brother created a Facebook group for People Who Never Learned to Ride A Bike. I’m pretty sure we are the only 3 kids in it.
11. I did my student teaching abroad and lived in England for 3 months. It was the longest I had ever gone without seeing my family or boyfriend, who would later turn into my husband. It was the most wonderful three months of adventure and personal growth I have ever experienced. I also made some life long friends from that trip. It is one of the best life experiences I have ever had.
1. What are you most passionate about?
My little boy. I am so glad I get to be his Mommy each and every day, even on the days he drives me crazy.
2. What was your first concert?
I think it was a Beach Boys concert with my best friend and her mom when I was in 4th grade, put on by an “oldies” radio station. Somehow, they won tickets, and I got to go. All I really remember was that my best friend and I got matching t-shirts and we wore them around forever afterwards, to prove how cool we were for going to a concert.
3. What is your biggest fear?
Losing my son.
4. Paper or Plastic?
Either one! I put all of our paper bags directly into recycling, and use the plastic bags to scoop the cat litter. When asked at the grocery store, I reply, “It doesn’t matter, whatever is easier for you.” Apparently, paper is easier, because that’s usually what I come home with.
5. If you could be any one character from a movie or TV, who would you be?
Charlotte from Sex And The City. She’s pretty fabulous.
6. Which reality show best describes you?
Uncoolness alert: I don’t really watch reality TV. I’m actually pretty appalled by a lot of it. (Did I just lose you?) I have watched American Idol, The Voice and The Bachelor. And by “have watched” I mean I have seen maybe an episode of each. So sorry to disappoint!!
7. Why did you start blogging?
I have been immersed in babyland for two and half years. My baby has turned into a toddler, and now that he is seeking independence and is ready for a little separation from Mommy, I am ready to seek out something for myself too. I decided on blogging because I have always enjoyed writing and it brings me peace. I also am still dealing with a lot of emotional pain from my birth experience, and have not gotten a lot of support from my family. My mom once said, “You need to get over it.” But of course, that’s a whole different story.
So, I started blogging to use my words to sort through my feelings. I want to find a community of women who might understand what I went through, and might offer encouragement and support. I want to find friends through blogging that won’t think I’m crazy for my emotional distress from my birth experience. I want to stop being afraid to tell the truth about my post postpartum depression. I wanted to meet you.
8. If you could do whatever you wanted for a whole 24 hours, what would you do?
I want to answer, sleep, watch anything other than PBS on TV, stay in PJs all day, and basically do whatever I want during a lazy day at home with no interruptions from the toddler or the husband. But that answer seems a bit lame. So ANYTHING? I guess I would love to go to New York and see some Broadway shows. Actually, the first option is such a novelty, I’d probably just go with that.
9. Where did you take your best or worst vacation?
When I was a junior in high school, my family took a two-week trip to Italy and Greece. It was an educational tour with my school, but it was still me, my mom and dad, and my sister and brother. Italy and Greece were amazing, and it was also the last family vacation we ever got to take, so it was a very special trip.
10. What is your favorite piece of technology?
My car. I’m pretty in love with it. Which is good, because my job as a stay-at-home-mom actually means I spend a lot of time in my Honda CRV.
11. What is one thing on your bucket list?
I want to see Conan O’Brien’s show and I want a picture with him. That would make me immensely happy.
Now it’s your turn!
Devon at http://www.thejackchronicles.com/, Kimberly at http://www.makemommygosomethingsomething.com/, Jordan at http://www.employablemom.com/, Jill at http://mommyinconsistent.blogspot.com/, Alison at http://www.mamawantsthis.com/, Emily at http://www.my2littlebirds.blogspot.com/, Cassie athttp://www.chasingthewolfpack.com/, Galit at http://theselittlewaves.com/, Alex at http://www.lateenough.com/, Miranda at http://notsuperjustmom.com/, Julie at http://www.juliecgardner.com/
1. What has blogging brought to your life?
2. What is your favorite part of the day?
3. Coffee or Tea?
4. Who or what inspires you?
5. When you were little, did you ever imagine you would be where you are now?
6. What is your favorite book and why?
7. If money was no object, what luxury would you give yourself?
8. What parenting milestone has been the hardest for you? (birthdays, first haircut, first words, steps, etc)
9. Junk Food Confession: What food treat do you crave?
10. Do you have a favorite season?
11.What do you like the most about yourself?